What to see in Campello
We speak of a municipality full of history, culture and entertainment, at the service of those who visit it.
1 - Monuments
• Yacimiento de la Illeta dels Banyets - Archaeological site located next to the coast within the sea, that forms a beautiful and small peninsula. Undoubtedly one of the most important in the Mediterranean
• Torre de la Illeta - Builtaround 1555 located in the port of the town.
• Tower of LLoma de Reixes or Barrancd'Aigües - Another lookout tower built in the 16th century for defensive purposes.
• Church of Santa Teresa - Parish Church built in the year 1849 in honor of Santa Teresa and the Virgen de los Desamparados.
• Villa Marco - Beautiful rustic property of great importance for the agricultura in la Huerta de Alicante.
• Ermita de la Virgen del Carmen - In honor of the Virgen del Carmen, patron saint of the sailors.
• Monument to the Fisherman - Monument that is currently on the sand of the beach of El Campello.
2 - Walks and parks
• Maritime Promenade of Carrer la Mar
• Paseo Muchavista Beach
• Port of El Campello
• Voramar de les Escultures
• Plaza de la Iglesia or Canalejas
• Can Parks
• Traffic Children's Park
• Other squares, parks and gardens
• TRAM station -El Trenet-
• San Ramón Boulevard
• FAMEC Museum
3 - Tourist attractions
- Fish auction
From Monday to Friday, at 5:00 p.m. all the fishing boats from Campello return to the port where they place trays of all the fish just taken from the sea for their auction in the building called La Lonja.