Restaurants in Alicante
These are some of the typical dishes that we can order in some of the restaurants in Alicante:
- Alicante rice, prepared with ñoras, garlic and tomato.
- Rice a banda, with pieces of seafood and fish.
- Rice with crust, with beaten egg on top.
- Black rice from Alicante, made with squid ink.
- Cocido alicantino, soup with balls of minced meat.
- Olleta alicantina, strong spoon dish with slaughter meat.
- Escalivada alicantina, very typical vegetable salad.
- Coca amb tonyina, stuffed empanada.
From Tapas to Alicante
To enjoy the great gastronomy of Alicante we can also go for tapas in the many bars of the city where we will offer the best "Tapas" and the best wine. Then from time to time there are several Gastronomic Tours around Alicante.
The wine produced in Alicante also has a high quality and a good reputation in the area. With "Denomination of Origin" the wines are elaborated with the grapes of Monastrell and Garnacha. For the white wine it uses Moscatel.
Throughout the year there are several guided tours through different wineries where we can learn a little more about wine and make tasty tastings.
There is nothing more typical of Alicante than homemade ice cream and nougat.
Famous around the world are the turrón de Alicante and the turrón de Jijona.
But they also have a great variety of traditional sweets, among them:
- Coca boba
- Aniseed rolls
- Pumpkin fritters
- Mona alicantina, also called toña alicantina or panquemao.